We got REALLY good news at 13 weeks after the big scare. The doctor told us it looked like a completely different pregnancy. The swelling behind the baby's head was GONE. All my doctors agreed that there was NO placenta abruption. I have very prominent venous lakes and a tiny hematoma that I have had since the transfer. He did not recommend an amino. Instead, we are just going to watch the baby extra close to make sure everything else develops normally. I am so thankful there was never an abruption... scary stuff! Jeremy and I were BLOWN away by all the support from family and friends. Thank you for all the food, prayers, cards, emails, and texts!!!
Today, we had our 16 weeks scan. While we didn't really get bad
news today we didn't get 100% great news either. Baby Lew is showing more
mild markers/ indicators of possible chromosomal problems. There are tiny cysts
seen in part of the brain, the left foot was turned inward (this is probably because of the baby's position), the renal pelvises are dilated, and the baby's bowel is mildly echogenic
(bright) in appearance. All can be normal variants but just to be on the
safe side we went ahead and did this new and very fancy blood work where they test
the baby's DNA in my blood. This test is brand new technology and very accurate. We tested
for cystic fibrosis, trisomy 13 & 18, and downs. We will know in 5 days if we have enough of the baby's DNA to do the test and then 10 days later we will get the results. My doctor is not terribly concerned but
glad we decided to go ahead with the new test. It's so new that you can't get this test at a regular ob's office. I am not doing an amino because of the risks. Now on to good news... the baby's heart is beautiful!!! I was told that it doesn't get much better than how our baby's heart looks. The spine also looks great. We have a VERY active baby.... I mean this kid moves constantly:) Baby is measuring a week ahead... my doctor said this means my placenta is working REALLY good. We are VERY hopeful and EXTREMELY in love with the precious baby. I know everything will be okay no matter what happens for two reasons:
1) I am a child of God. He loves us and this baby more than we will ever understand.
2) I have Jeremy. I can't say this enough... Jeremy is wonderful!!!!! He is the best husband and daddy.
Please pray for us while we try to patiently wait for the test results. PLEASE pray for our baby. Pray baby Lew is healthy! We have a follow up scan in three weeks!



No comments:
Post a Comment