1 Month
Weight: 11.1 lbs
Length: 22 inches
Baby boy,
You are growing so fast. Too fast for this new mommy. Our first month together has been nothing short of WONDERFUL! Your daddy and I are constantly staring at you and amazed we made such a handsome little one. Here are some fun facts about you this month.
- You LOVE to snuggle. If you are not a happy camper and we pick you up, you always calm down. I love snuggling with you bug-a-boo!
- Your weight gain is proof you love your breast milk.
- You prefer to nurse on my left side and the cradle hold is our favorite.
- You LOVE your swing. In fact, your first couple of weeks this is where you slept
mostall of the time. - You slept ALL the time your first week and we did not hear you cry once! I had to wake you up every two hours to feed. This silly mommy was all worried about you not crying and look at you now...oh the good ole days!
- Week 2 you starting crying when you're hungry or your tummy hurts.
- Mommy has some oversupply issues and sometimes you get gassy and fussy... BUT we are working on this.
- You poop about 12 times a day.... I was seriously unprepared for this. I had no idea breastfed babies pooped so much.
- You hate the pacifer.
- You hate your car seat. We think it is because you get hot in it. I have been known to strip you down naked as a jay bird in your car seat.
- You went to your first MTSU football game with Aunt Lins at 3 weeks old.
- Your first lunch date (besides daddy) was with Aunt Sarah at 2 weeks old.
- Your grandmother loves to put her finger in your mouth when you want to nurse and I am not available. It calms you down only for a bit.
- The kids always called you, "baby Keller" and it is so cute to hear.
- Carter and Anna Kate think you're pretty cool, Abbi is smart and knows you take attention away from her, and Will isn't one bit interested in you.
- Your Aunt Jennifer took your newborn pictures right before you turned two weeks old. You were pretty much a stinker. I didn't think we would get any sweet pictures but your favorite (Jennifer) worked her magic and it was a success.
- Your momma had you out all by herself when you were only 1 1/2 weeks old.
- At around three weeks, you started focusing on us more and following us with your eyes. You have not smiled at us yet but you do get pleasant looks on your face and I know you are a happy baby.
- You smile and giggle when you are falling asleep. It is the cutest thing in the whole world and I cannot wait till that smile is for me!!!!
- You sleep in your pack-n-play. I put you in your crib two nights in a row and you were doing great. However, the baby monitor turned off by itself and I haven't put you back in the crib since. I woke up in a panic but found you sound asleep in your crib.
- You have given me one 5 hours stretch of sleep, three 4 hours, and lots of 3 hours of straight sleep. However, you still tend to wake up every 2 1/2 hours to nurse.
- You sleep with your arms up by your face. It is so cute. You will not let us swaddle your arms anymore.
- You had your first growth spurt at 3 weeks and mama thought she going to lose her marbles. Thankfully, it only lasted a couple of days and my sweet, happy baby returned.
- You pass gas all the time... thankfully it never smells:)
- Did you know you're famous??? Well, you have a poopy video that is HILARIOUS! We will use it at your high school graduation.
- You have peed and pooped on me at least 20 times.
- The cats still don't know what to think about you. I think Madison is jealous of all the attention you get.
- You have beautiful blue eyes.
- You have a birthmark on your right eyelid.
- Your hair is getting lighter. At 4 weeks, it more like a strawberry blonde.
- KID, your hair is AMAZING! I mean seriously, it sticks straight up dude!!! We have tried to calm it down but it's wild! Everyone loves to tell us how awesome your hair is.
- Around three weeks, you grew a big ole belly.
- Dr. Rosser is very impressed with your weight gain and you got a great report at your 1 month appointment.
I LOVE YOU,
MOMMY





No comments:
Post a Comment