Here's how it is going to work. Each week, I will make a few purchases to help with my mama makeover. They can be beauty products or clothes.
Things I CANNOT buy: running shoes, workout clothes, and pjs.
Yikes, my three favorites!
It's time to make more of an effort in my daily appearance. I will shower and blow dry my hair at night and in the mornings I will fix my hair and do my makeup. I will ditch the workout pants and pjs for cuter outfits (wish me luck on this one).
My goal in all this is SOOOO much deeper than to just look cute. Hopefully, I will learn to take time for myself. After all, a happy mama = a happy baby. RIGHT?!
Oh, the best part, I will show you everything I learn and buy! I couldn't be doing this without some help from my mom. Thanks Mom! Oh and Jeremy gave me the green light too!
Let's get to the goods...
I still apply my makeup like I did in high school. So basically, I knew I was doing it all wrong. It was time to educate myself in the makeup world. I got down to business by watching YouTube videos on how to properly apply makeup. The YouTube videos turned out to be SOOOOOO helpful and I highly recommend them. First up foundation. I knew I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so after researching I decided on L'oreal True Match and I love it! It covers well but doesn't leave my face feeling like it can't breath. It is only $12.
Also, from the YouTube videos I learned that a good brush is almost more important than the foundation. A friend recommended Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I am so excited about this brush. It's kind of pricey at $18 but I hear it is totally worth every penny! It will be coming in the mail soon since you can only order it online:)
I am so excited about this peplum top I got at Target. I am totally loving the 80's trend right now. Unfortunately, Jeremy made me pinky promise that I wouldn't get bangs OR I would totally be doing bangs in my makeover! I can't wait to wear this look this spring. Oh, and it's only $22.
That's all for this week. Stay tuned...





2 comments:
love it! what fun.
You need to tell Jeremy...bangs are TOTALLY in! And NOT the big poofy, curly kind from the 80s :) Glad you are taking time for yourself. Your whole family will benefit. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment