We got part one of our IVF schedule! The first part is less hectic than the second part, but it is still busy. Part two is when things get REAL interesting and everyday it will be something new. Oh boy, things will be nuts at our house for the next 6 weeks:)
Tomorrow, I start my birth control pills and will take them for the next 17 days. Then I will have a baseline ultrasound and blood work. The purpose of the ultrasound and blood work is to make sure my body responds to the BCPs (stopping ovulation) and is free of any cysts. If everything looks good at the ultrasound, I will start stimulating "the O team" aka my ovaries. Yes, we will be cheering them on during the stimulation. GO TEAM O GO!
I ordered all my meds and let me tell you... the list is long! The meds will be packed in a large Styrofoam cooler with dry ice. I couldn't help but laugh thinking about how only a couple years ago that cooler would have been stocked full of beers. Flash forward to now, and it's stocked full of fertility meds. Wow, things have changed:) Well... I guess let's get the party started, CHEERS!?!?
![]() |
Our retrieval date is sometime during the week of October 3rd. It was pushed back another week. I have so much peace with this date. It feels right. October is such a wonderful time in Memphis. Our street, Peabody Avenue, is so beautiful in the fall. Also, work will hopefully be less stressful then too.
I will remind everyone closer to time, but we will not be telling the results right away. Please don't even ask for the results. During that time, we would really appreciate prayers only. If the results are positive, we will not tell ANYONE till we are released to the regular OBGYN at around 10 weeks. If the results are negative... our hearts will be broken and needing some time to heal privately.
Thanks sooooooooo much for all the encouraging words and prayers! Keep them coming!



No comments:
Post a Comment