Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

randoms

***Last weekend we went home to the Boro.  It was a wonderful visit, but too quick as always.  Saturday afternoon while Jeremy was at class in Nashville, I got to hangout with some of my favorite people...    

You are the prettiest one Miss Anna Kate, I love you!

Abbi showing off her new set of wheels!  You make the proudest aunt on this earth.

Watching Will's excitement during the MTSU band's performance was the highlight of my weekend.

We went to the MTSU game.  It was fun even though they lost big time.  We had awesome seats:)


***Over a year ago my parents were in Memphis visiting. While on a walk in our neighborhood my dad found this old, beat up rocking chair left on the side of the road just waiting for a dump truck to haul it off. Poor thing:(  Most people wouldn't have given the chair a second look, but not my dad...  he loves a good challenge:)  All it needed was some lovin' and it could be good as new.  My dad thinks it is 50 to 100 years old.   I don't have a before picture but I can tell you he worked many hours sanding this chair to bring it back to life.  The end result does not disappoint.  I love my new rocking chair.




When I think of rocking chairs, I think of rocking babies to sleep:) I think most people do! With tears streaming down my face as I type this....
Dad,  words cannot express how much this chair means to me.  I look forward to spending many hours rocking babies in it.  I will tell our children over and over how their grandaddy gave this to us.  I hope and pray that it's a sign of wonderful things to come.  Thank you:)


***We have a new neighbor in our apartment building.  He has a cat that stays outside during the day.  This cat is SOOOOOOO friendly.  We nicknamed her Peabody.  Our cats, Madison and McLean are named after the cross streets of our first home. So now that we live on Peabody we will call her Peabody.  :)
Peabody loving some Jeremy! Get it girl!!

*** I only have 3 days left of the birth control pills!!  These stupid pills are so YUCKY:(  I am like a bottomless pit, what is a meal for most people is just a snack for me.  I eat all the time, no wonder women gain weight.  My face looks like a pepperoni pizza and sleeping isn't going too well.  BUT 3 more days right.... I can do it! 

*** Rachelism #768-  I was trying to explain to Jeremy about how our embryos will grow in a PETRI DISH.  During the first conversation I called it a "pastry dish" and then the second go around I called it a "peachtree dish".  Oh my, some things never change. At least we got a good laugh out of it!

*** Ashley sent me an email this weekend telling me she wanted to do something special for us and I LOVE her idea!!  We are so excited and look forward to reading all the uplifting notes from everyone.  I am a sucker for quotes and verses.  I will cherish our notes forever.  We also look forward to the funny ones too.  I am SURE we will need a good laugh here and there. Thank you :)

Ash, I love you dearly.  Thank you for being part of my "net".  I promise to "catch" you whenever you need me.  This is one of my favorite pictures of us.  Mainly because we both look HOT!


*** Yesterday, we had our shots class. Basically, I will be giving myself all the belly shots and Jeremy will give me my HCG trigger shot and all my progesterone shots.  If this works and I am pregnant, Jeremy will continue to give me progesterone injections for 10 to 12 weeks.  OUCH,  my hiney is going to be sooooo sore!  We both had to practice drawing up the medicines and then injecting them.  Jeremy was instructed to pretend like he was throwing a dart.  I was seriously freaking at this point, I have played darts with Jeremy and trust me HE IS NOT THAT GOOD!  However, he did so good and I didn't feel a thing! This was our conversation minutes later after leaving the clinic...
Jeremy:  It was easier than I had expected.
Me: You did so good, I am so proud of you.
Jeremy:  Yea, it felt like I was shooting into jello.
Me: JEREMY!!!! You're saying my butt feels like jello!!!!
Jeremy:  Sorry, but that is exactly what it felt like... you know jello, it went in so smooth.
Me: Well at least my big butt is good for something:)


*** Our schedule is picking up.  Yikes.  Friday is my trial transfer/ mock transfer.  The doctor will practice the transfer without embryos and basically map out my insides.  I have read many articles that support that one of the most common reasons IVF cycles fail is because something goes wrong during the transfer and the doctor has a hard time getting those precious babies right where he/she wants them.  The purpose of a trial transfer is to prevent any surprises during the real deal and make sure we find the perfect spot.  Please, please pray my mock transfer goes smoothly and my doctor thinks it will be an easy transfer the next time... when it REALLY MATTERS!
Next Tuesday is my baseline ultrasound and blood work.  I will post more about this closer to time.  If my ultrasound and blood work look good I will start my shots:)
This is really happening.... God you amaze me.
 
Photobucket

No comments: