Yesterday morning we checked in at the surgical center at 7 a.m. The receptionist got a kick out of how excited I was. She said most women were grumpy because of the hormones. She said I was one of the "happy ones". As she sent us away, she predicted we'd have twins. I reminded Jeremy to be thankful that I was one of the "happy ones" and not one of the "grumpy ones".
The retrieval went very smooth. I woke up to a nurse telling me, "they got 30 eggs". It was music to my ears. The rest of the day Jeremy and I rested and celebrated our good news.
 |
| Waiting to get my IV. I want the good stuff! :) |
|
|
|
|
The embryologist called this morning and told us that out of 30 eggs, 23 were mature and 16 fertilized normally using ICSI. The embryologist seemed very pleased with our numbers and said she would be calling again tomorrow. She reminded us that the next 24 hours are extremely important because they will have their first cell division. My maternal instincts have already kicked in. I am so proud of our 16 precious babies and I pray for many little fighters. I wish I could do the work for them, but I can't. Trust and patience are the themes of this new chapter in our IVF process. Every day is a new and different hurdle for our embryos and we will rejoice with them as they grow. I knew this process was going to be hard, but I had no idea it would be this hard. I must trust that God is with the embryologist and our little ones as they jump over their first hurdle tonight. Please pray for a good report tomorrow.
GROW BABIES GROW!!!
I accidentally left the back door open today and McLean made his great escape. I came home finding him just hanging out in our parking lot.
 |
| Hi mom! |
|
|
|
All day he's been whining at the back door for us to let him out. It's starting to get annoying. :)
 |
| Let me go outside and play! |
|
I am thankful this process is no longer about me and my follicles. It's all about those precious fighters dividing right now. Keep the prayers coming!
Grow babies grow!
Love, mommy and daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment